Why I'm here; I Can't Speak for You
I'm setting up this blog to document an upcoming trip. My friend, Pete Calderone (see his blog at http://www.feelmedontyou.com), came to Kansas City from the Quad Cities area, where he initially encountered the ComedySportz franchise. Pete returns pretty regularly and sometimes takes some KC players with him. He has been kind enough to ask me many times, but my schedule has always prevented me from going, including one really unfortunate eleventh-hour bailout. Such a situation was close to arising this week, too, but now I am a definite in.
Anyhow, the time has finally come for me to join in the fun. On Friday, I will join Pete, Nikki, and Josh for the sojourn into Iowa. I have spent improv time and overnight trips with each of them, and I know I like them a lot, so I'm really looking forward to it. However, I don't feel really prepared. That is -- I don't know where we're staying, what shows we'll be doing, who we'll be meeting. That's not a problem, it just plays against my desire to know what's going on. And, frankly, those aren't questions I've asked. I do know that our contacts at Quad Cities Comedysportz is Jeff.
Joining us in QC will definitely be Monique and Corey, whom I also adore, and whose new marriage is documented in their blog, Blog Shmog. We may also be joined by another Iowa contingent.
I'm also really looking forward to doing improv in some place that isn't Kansas City, and for people that haven't hired ComedyCity. It just has a different feel, and I can't remember the last time I've been able to do it.
So, as it now stands, we will meet at Pete's on Friday and leave at Noon. I will try to set up the Treo so that I can blog on the road. We shall see.
Anyhow, the time has finally come for me to join in the fun. On Friday, I will join Pete, Nikki, and Josh for the sojourn into Iowa. I have spent improv time and overnight trips with each of them, and I know I like them a lot, so I'm really looking forward to it. However, I don't feel really prepared. That is -- I don't know where we're staying, what shows we'll be doing, who we'll be meeting. That's not a problem, it just plays against my desire to know what's going on. And, frankly, those aren't questions I've asked. I do know that our contacts at Quad Cities Comedysportz is Jeff.
Joining us in QC will definitely be Monique and Corey, whom I also adore, and whose new marriage is documented in their blog, Blog Shmog. We may also be joined by another Iowa contingent.
I'm also really looking forward to doing improv in some place that isn't Kansas City, and for people that haven't hired ComedyCity. It just has a different feel, and I can't remember the last time I've been able to do it.
So, as it now stands, we will meet at Pete's on Friday and leave at Noon. I will try to set up the Treo so that I can blog on the road. We shall see.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home