SItting in the hotel room, waiting to go . . .
Well, our Quad Cities time is about to come to an end. The show last night was great; Nikki, Pete, Josh and I played against Corey and Mo and, from QC, Patrick and Don. Everyone was funny, and we got to play with a live band . . . I think Wicked Liz and the Belly Swirls. Playing with us were only the Swirls, but they backed us throughout the show. Afterwards, Liz came up and did a number. She had great energy.
After duding up, we went to Huckleberry's, a pizza place, where we had Mo's favorite: The Gambler. It had lots of hot things on it, but I at it nonetheless, and was not disappointed. Several folks from the QCCSz community were around, and it was a jovial time. Leaving Huckleberries, we had a broad jump contest on the sidewalk. It was a fun moment that didn't mean anything, but made me stop and think "this is nice; we don't have to be anywhere, so we can stop and enjoy standing long jumps."
We closed the night out by going to Steve's, a hole-in-the-wall neighborhood bar across from the hotel. We stayed there for a couple of hours, drinking and throwing peanuts at one another. While there, a bridal party came in. Including the guests of honor. It was sort of weird, and I'm still having trouble imagining the circumstances that would lead to that. Nikki and I went to bed (separate beds, actually) about 2, and got up this morning a little before 10. We're all set to go, but may meet some of Pete's friends for lunch.
After duding up, we went to Huckleberry's, a pizza place, where we had Mo's favorite: The Gambler. It had lots of hot things on it, but I at it nonetheless, and was not disappointed. Several folks from the QCCSz community were around, and it was a jovial time. Leaving Huckleberries, we had a broad jump contest on the sidewalk. It was a fun moment that didn't mean anything, but made me stop and think "this is nice; we don't have to be anywhere, so we can stop and enjoy standing long jumps."
We closed the night out by going to Steve's, a hole-in-the-wall neighborhood bar across from the hotel. We stayed there for a couple of hours, drinking and throwing peanuts at one another. While there, a bridal party came in. Including the guests of honor. It was sort of weird, and I'm still having trouble imagining the circumstances that would lead to that. Nikki and I went to bed (separate beds, actually) about 2, and got up this morning a little before 10. We're all set to go, but may meet some of Pete's friends for lunch.


0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home